It was past half 4 in the morning and I was ready to embark my voyage to the prestigious and India’s very fortunate land, Brij Bhoomi. At that time stars were glittering in the sky, no sign of Sun or daylight. We were just about to explore a sacred and off the beaten places, which Lord Krishna revealed them his magical powers. There are some stories which are connected to those marvelous places. On which I will come in next paragraph. With me, there were some people to whom I love very much and a little bit more they love me back without any selfishness (my lovely lady, mom, and my supreme venerable, dad).
A day before this day, I explored and found some places to visit in Barsana. I was told that there are several villages in this whole Brij Bhoomi, which witnessed all the notorious activities of Lord Krishna and some places are familiar with the daydreamings of Shree Radha Rani. Our relatives used to live there, as they retired and puked themselves in the services of adorable couple. They told us that in this Brij region, there are all the four pilgrimages Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri present. Along with Neel Kanth Mahadev (originally located above the Rishikesh), Har ki Pauri (Haridwar).
The whole Brij Mandal (region) is widely spread in 84 kos, which a kos stands for 3.62 km and the total something about 300 km. People say that about 5000 years ago, when the Lord was just about 5 years old, his parents express their keen desire to Krishna, that they want to go on a pilgrimage (Char Dham Yatra). The Char Dham, four abodes or four sacred pilgrimage centers of Hinduism, in all the four sides respectively. Just to fulfill the desires of his aged parents and after scrutinizing their conditions, Lord Krishna with his superstitious powers brought all the divine forms of these places of worship.
How to get there and from where to start:
No doubt in assuming that all these places should be on the top of Aravali hills and the mountains are easily accessed by road but somewhere it is nicely built and somewhere gravel paths. Once arrival at Barsana, you could easily book a cab in 3000 bucks for the whole trip. There is no need of a guide, drivers know each and everything about these places. It is a belief that one who completes 84 kos Brij yatra, gets the pure blessing of the god and no one can harm them in any way.
These are the places which I have visited on this short 84 kos brij Yatra:-
- Kameshwar Mahadev
- Vimal Kund
- Charan Pahadi
- Kedarnath abode
- Badrinath Temple
- Gangotri and Yamunotri with Neelkanth Mahadev
- Har ki Pauri
- And in the last, Yoga Maya Temple.
The things which have blown away my mind are:-
- Charan Pahadi (feet hill), the saying is that once Lord Krishna was playing the flute and the whole atmosphere was so charged that the mountains were started melting. The feet of god was imprinted there and it is still there. We can touch it and we can feel it.
- Kedarnath Temple, as like the original one it is situated on the top of the hill very beautifully. About 400 steps we have to hunt down in order to have a glimpse of Lord Mahadev. The steps of that Kedarnath Yatra are just nose-bleeding up from the grounds.
- Instead of not having a famous stand, this place gets visitors from far and wide. I have seen many cars climbing the mountain which led to Badrinath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri. People make their regular pilgrimage to this sacred place.
- There I have seen Har ki Pauri as, like the one in Haridwar, I had a dry dip in the holy place (nowadays water is not there). Neelkanth Mahadev as like the one situated above the Rishikesh and much more amazing things.
No matter if you’re a person of faith or not there are still plenty of things to experience. The views from the top of every hill are simply breath-taking. You have to believe on it, with me, that these photographs are not doing justice to these places. With an uninterrupted vista out over the gracious land, you will feel the magic in the air. I recommend this place to the peace seekers, religious, living person, and mountain lovers. Please have a visit to this beautiful place, it’s a plea from the core of my heart.