- 1 Registration Process for Amarnath Yatra
- 2 Health Guidelines for Piligrimage of Amarnath Yatra
- 3 What to do to avoid High Altitude Sickness
- 4 Amarnath Green Initiative
- 5 Dos and Don’ts for a successful Amarnath Yatra
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions (Amarnath Yatra Guide)
Last Updated on
This is a full Amarnath Yatra Guide. In this post, I have covered all the pin-points that are useful from the perspective of this most revered pilgrimage. I have tried to cover many questions that are frequently asked by the holy lovers.
As many of you know that I recently had the privilege of visiting Amarnath Cave at Amarnath Yatra 2018 and shared my experience of this glorious trek as the legend of Amarnath Temple. And after living
Registration Process for Amarnath Yatra
The abode of Lord Shiva or the Amarnath Cave is situated about 13,500 feet above from the sea level in Southern-Kashmir Himalayas. And in today’s day and time, to reach that adoring cave became much easier (not that much easier). Border Security Force and National Security Guards made the task easier. So as the registration process transform itself.
Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board, the caretaker and the whole-sole unity which makes the dream of many come true, has throne many easier ways. Like for the form you can simply go to this Application Form, to know about the submitting that form in the bank branches simple click on this. At the registration branch, Yatri has to submit a correctly filled application form and a Compulsory Health Certificate (CHC).
To apply for Yatra Permit, the applicant-Yatri will submit the following document.
- Filled-in prescribed Application Form.
- Prescribed CHC issued on or after the specified date by the medical institution.
- Four Passport Size photographs and an Identity proof (later on the Yatra).
It is up to us that from which path we want to reach the holy cave. Either from Pahalgam or Baltal. The Pahalgam route is full of heavenly charms but 40 kilometers long and quite easier to trek down. And the Baltal route is of 14 Kilometers but dangerous one because it has very narrow trenches and very steep
Health Guidelines for
Piligrimage of Amarnath Yatra
It is the face that we could suffer from the high altitude sickness if we go above the 8000 feet. And in climbing to the cave, there are more chances of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS). Below are the various problems that could be rise on Amarnath Yatra.
- High Altitude Cerebral Oedema – It is a very serious AMS and it occurs due to the swelling in the brain tissue. It is so dangerous that it can damage the brain. Symptoms of this disease are breathing problem, headache, fatigue, low eyesight, and
- High Altitude Pulmonary Oedema – Due to this problem one might
be sufferfrom failureof respiratorysystem. And it is due to the amassing of fluid in the lungs. Symptoms are weakness, fatigue, drowsiness, chest tightness, congestion andincreased heart rate.
What to do to avoid High Altitude Sickness
- Provide enough time
toyour body so that you can save yourself more from the disease. It is highly recommended that first48 hours of climbing should be slow.
- Take such much as liquid substance as you can because at high altitude dehydration is a common process. So consume 4 liters of water, juice, watermelon
- Eat food that contains carbohydrate in bulk because the food that contains carbohydrate helps us in fighting with AMS.
- Do not take any medicine without the prior consent of
Doctor, it may cause fatigue very badly.
- Mountains are not the place to showcase skills, it is better if you climb
mountainbut respect them and never try to win it.
- If you suffer from breathing problem, take a portable small oxygen cylinder that you can carry easily.
- Please do not consume alcohol or any other liquid that contaminated with caffeine. Please do not smoke, and stay away from sleeping pills.
Amarnath Green Initiative
- Use of plastic is strictly prohibited
- Dump the plastic or any non-biodegradable thing at the proper place.
- All the necessary measurement have been taken to fight with the garbage.
- New sewage system
hasinstalled by the government.
Dos and Don’ts for a successful Amarnath Yatra
- Before a month of having Amarnath Yatra, start doing a simple workout. Have 4
kilometerwalk in a day. It will be better if you do yoga.
- As the trek covers the steep snow-covered mountains and you have to cover them in that freezing temp. Please take sufficient woolen clothes, rain jacket or poncho, trekking shoes, and a torch.
- During the trek, you should have these things in your knapsack, enough water bottles, dry fruits, chocolates, and toffees.
- Please take any of the authentic identity proof or the Yatra slip.
- Please follow the instruction given by the Shree Amarnath Shrine board and pay attention to the updates which come very frequently.
- This whole world is the part of
the LordShiva, the mountains, the earth, and the air he loves them a lot. Please take care of them.
- Do not stop at points which are under the sign of dangerous, follow the Army person advice.
- Please Do not try to cover short-cuts or small routes, it may be a mole of the life.
- Do not litter plastic en-route to Cave, the use of plastic is strictly prohibited and actionable
Frequently Asked Questions (Amarnath Yatra Guide)
How can I go to Amarnath Yatra?
It that’s just
What is the cost of Amarnath Yatra?
The money you will need is only in the registration, reaching to Pahalgam or Baltal, and from returning to the home. The basic needs will be taken care of well by the Bhandaras. In the total of these, one must have 8000 INR (most probably).
How long is the Amarnath Yatra?
As I have discussed that there are two routes for Cave, one is from Pahalgam and the second is from Baltal. From Pahalgam, pilgrim
How long does it take for Amarnath Yatra?
From Pahalgam, the Yatra will be of 5 to 6 days and from Baltal it can be covered in a day only.