Last Updated on
Amarnath Yatra: This annual 60-day pilgrimage to the cave shrine of Amarnath, just flagged off from Delhi to the Jammu base camp. Here is the Amarnath Yatra Latest News for the devotees who are ready to perform rituals or wanted to make it.
In my earlier post best treks in India, I have discussed some glorious-though-risky treks of India. In those 10 treks, there is a highly dangerous-but-worthy trek, Amarnath Yatra Trek.
You may be wondering that why I am so emphasized on this trek. Well, the thing is I am on the verge of setting my sail in the direction towards the power that resides in the Amarnath Cave.
For me, it is like I am going to live my one of the many dreams. From my childhood to this day and now, my father made four visits to that humongous and magnificence cave of eternity. And from his very first visit, this place comes atop in my mind or I can say to the list of places that I am going to visit.
As I am very excited for my upcoming trek, I am keeping my eye on news about this profound religious trek. Today the first batch of Amarnath something about 2000 pilgrims has flagged off from Bhagwati Nagar camp in Jammu at 04:45 AM on June 27.
Everything you need to Know about Amarnath Yatra
As I have mentioned this trek a risky and a dangerous one not just of the narrow and gravelled pathways but also because of some terrorist activities.
To my knowledge, last year, this pilgrims or Yatris were attacked and robbed my terrorist and that was one of the biggest attacks on Indian pilgrims. Perhaps, the year 2017 was not one and only.
Basically, there are two routes from where the cave of immortal power can be accessed. One is from Baltal and the second one is from Pahalgam.
Balta route is the shorter but very hard, it is of 14 kilometres from aside. Pahalgam route is of 35 kilometres, it is considered as the main route to cave. It is wider and easier than the Baltal route. But it is the longest one.
Activities Faced by Jammu and Kashmir in June 2018
- As the PDP (Jammu and Kashmir People Democratic Party)-BJP (Bhartiya Janta Party) government collapsed. President of India, Ram Nath Kovind imposes Governor’s rule till the Amarnath Yatra gets completed on August 26, 2018.
- In this current month, many terrorist activities here held in different parts of J&K. Indian forces hunted down many terrorists in Anantnag district. It is said they may have been targeting Amarnath Yatra.
- Indian Army has released a list of 21 most-wanted terrorists that are active in the state. And they are setting themselves to hunt all of them.
Amarnath Yatra Latest News
- Largest Security Cover for Amarnath Yatra: Vehicles tagged with electromagnetic chips, bike, bullet-proof SUV police convoys, and even the drones are deployed. This year it is the “biggest-ever” security blanket throne to secure pilgrims undertaking Amarnath Yatra.
- Many Defence agencies were assigned a task to cover up the current situation of Jammu and Kashmir.
- Hizbul Mujahideen’s Chief Commander assures pilgrims safety in his region. In latest viral audio he said “We have never taken pilgrims of Amarnath Yatra as granted. We have never attacked the pilgrims who visit Amarnath Cave to perform their religious rituals”.
Nonetheless, Jammu and Kashmir is the most controversial state of India. Nobody knows what could happen in this state on the very next second. Anyways, I am very excited for this trek and just wanted to feel the magnificence presence of my lord. And soon I will share my experience of this amazing trek.